Search This Blog

2011-06-23

E3 First Impression:
Lord Of The Rings: War In The North

Lord Of The Rings: War In The NorthGAME:
Lord Of The Rings: War In The North

DEVELOPER:
Snowblind Studios

PUBLISHER:
WBIE

PLATFORM:
PC / PS3 / Xbox 360

RELEASE DATE:
24 August 2011

GENRE:
RPG

DESCRIPTION:
Licensed-franchise fantasy RPG with optional co-op

THOUGHTS:
The game captures LOTR's epic mood, and the story elements feel compelling. I don't believe there's much room for character customization, but there's plenty of otherwise standard console RPG fare, in terms of leveling, grinding through hordes of orc creeps, item collecting, and so forth.

The focus seems to be on the co-op, which reminds me of partnering up for quests in WoW. I think this co-op focus also means that characters play similarly to one another, e.g. everybody has ranged AND melee attacks, can equip the same items, etc... all of which is fine by me.

There's a super-awesome "eagle power" that summons a gigantic (I mean, HUGIANT) friendly eagle who swoops in, snatches up your enemies in its talons, and then flies away. I couldn't get enough of that -- wish it had a shorter cooldown.

No comments:

Post a Comment